Cord Cutting 101
A simple cord cutting guide
- Don’t go full retard and cut-cable first
- Can be a pain & cost $$$ to go back
- Try cord-cutting for 1 month
- Like it, then cut cable and shove the cable box across the ComCrap counter.
- If not, sell your ~$30 streamer & antenna on Ebay – lesson learned
1-2-3 Cord Cutting Guide
- Check for LOCAL FREE Over-the-Air Channels
- Buy or build your own antenna
- Check for Streaming DEALS!
- buy a low-cost $20-$30 streaming device: Roku, Amazon Fire, Android TV
- Take advantage of 1 week & 1+ month FREE Channel & App Trials
- Keep the one(s) you like
- Cancel the junk before end of trial period
A few cord-cutters can save $100’s of dollars. Others, like me, go with the cheapest Comcast cable-internet bundle package and supplement with one or two streaming subscriptions. It works for me. I save $20-30/mo.
Cord-cutting is not for everyone.