HAS KODI PIRACY FALLEN?
Kodi piracy Add-On crackdown escalates
Crackdown spreads to all illegal streaming
Note: Kodi app is legal. We are talking about piracy add-ons.
On Monday, June 5, TorrentFreak website broke the news that third-party Kodi add-on ZemTV and the TVAddons library were being sued for copy infringement and distribution.
The initial spark on Mon, 5June17:
Dish Network Sues ‘ZemTV’ and ‘TV Addons’ For Copyright Infringement ( TorrentFreak)
Crackdown gains momentum:
- Popular Kodi Add-Ons Quit Following Prominent Piracy Lawsuit (TorrentFreak)
- Kodi BLACKOUT as massively popular Phoenix add-on closes down (mirror.co.uk)
- A piracy lawsuit is tearing Kodi’s add-on community apart (engadget)
- Kodi ‘epidemic’ could force Hollywood to join (express.co.uk)
- Kodi crackdown continues as THREE more add-ons shutdown (birminghammail.co.uk)
- Hollywood sets sights on Kodi as part of crackdown on ‘piracy 3.0’ (trustedreviews.com)
- Kodi: Three add-ons and repositories shut down by anti-piracy group (The Independent)
- Phoenix is the latest Kodi add-on to vanish as developers fear piracy probes (betanews)
Crackdown spreading to ALL ILLEGAL STREAMING:
- Here Are 17 More ‘Pirate’ Sites Foxtel Is Banning In Australia (lifehacker)