I just want a simple install method that STILL works
Which method: Apps2Fire, adbLink, ES FileExplorer?
What is the easiest & safest method to install Kodi?
Our pick: Apps2Fire method
Verified: 26Oct16 on the new FireTV stick. Short & easy w/no issues.
What is the basic install steps:
Apps installed are from the OFFICIAL GooglePlay Store. No unknown .apk packages. Procedure is basic. Nothing sketchy in my opinion.
ON FIRE TV STICK:
- Get the IP of your FireTV stick: Settings -> System -> About -> Network . (ie. mine was 192.168.0.110)
- Enable ADB Debugging & Apps from Unknown Sources: Setting -> System -> Developer Options (Note: I needed both enabled)
- That's it! Time to move to the app transfer step
On Android Phone/Tablet:
- Install Kodi app from GooglePlay Store
- Install App2Fire from GooglePlay Store
- Open the App2Fire
- Navigate to Setup tab: Enter the IP address of your FireTV.
- Navigate to Local Apps tab: Find the Kodi App in the list .
- Select the Kodi app in the list & install.
- That's it!
- A notification on Fire TV that app was installed successfully.
- Verify install on Fire Stick: Apps - > Your Apps Library -> look for the Kodi symbol.
- Enjoy KODI! on FireTV stick 2.