Roku Private Channel
Adding a private channel (and it’s risks)
Roku is an open platform, allowing developers to create new and exciting channels that may some day appear on the Roku Channel Store after a stringent approval process.
Warning: These channels are considered “private” and are not suitable for the average Roku user. They have not been approved for general distribution by Roku, and may be generally unstable. Roku does not warrant the use of private channels and does not provide support for them.
Source: Roku – adding a private channel
- Log into your Roku account at my.roku.com and select “Add a private channel”.
- Enter the code you received from the channel developer.
- Or, from our index of Roku private channel codes (see right)
- Within 24 hours the channel will appear on your Roku player’s home screen and to “My Channels” in the Roku Channel Store. (to sync immediately, on your Roku player go to Settings>System>System update>Check now)
- Note: Some channels may require an additional subscription to use. Fees may apply, check with the channel developer for more information.