- Add from ChannelStore or, manually https://owner.roku.com/Add/youtube
We don’t believe that today a Roku channel can stream from YouTube without violating YouTube’s terms of service. source: Roku.com
Is the Roku3 capable of streaming YouTube? Yes. There have been a number of channels; however, they have been removed from Roku (ie. RateRix, myVideobuzz, 1080p). YouTube’s ToS prevents any Roku 3rd party developers from publishing a channel without authorization.
Your API Client will not… access any portion of any YouTube audiovisual content by any means other than use of a YouTube player or other video player expressly authorized by YouTube
Any discussion on an OFFICIAL YouTube channel?
(Spoiler alert: nothing officially announced, but there was a recent youtube survey?!?)
- Recent YouTube survey discussion from Roku
- Roku.com discussion forum thread concerning Roku/YouTube
- Roku.com developer thread concerning Roku/Youtube
- MichaelWolf.us – Interview with Roku’s Anthony Wood
Our YouTube on Roku Recommendation: Use an alternate streaming device. Many streaming media devices on the market today have an authorized YouTube channel/app – Chromecast, AppleTV, XBOX360, WDTV Live, mobile devices and even on some ancient blu-ray players.
- Software that supports Roku through DLNA – Plex and PlayON have YouTube plugins.
- Discuss other options in our discussion group
OUR POLICY on Roku/YouTube: At StreamFREE.tv, we are not interested in the illegal “how-tos” of channel development. FREE does not mean ripping LIVE sporting streams, Pay-Per-View events, or other copyrighted content without authorization. We respect all 3rd party Terms of Services.