Build Your Own Antenna
No need to spend $50+ on a made in china antenna. Proven antenna designs exist online where a $10 DIY antenna is just as good or even better than a $50+ store bought.
- Check the online Reception Maps for channels in your area.
- Use a proven DIY design: bowtie, pennyloop, stealth hawk.
- No need for a complex DIY fractal antenna design. A simple two loops of 6 gauge copper works great for UHF stations. Combine a VHF element (2 antennas) with a combiner.
- I found 6 gauge wire at Lowes at $0.91/ft. Easy to work with and bend by hand.
- Coax RG6 DOES make a difference over cheap coax.
- Use a grounding block. Using a DIY antenna outside is basically a DIY lightening rod.