3 EASY Steps to find FREE local channels
Get HD TV Channels for FREE (no cable required)
Three easy steps for finding, buying/building & installing a HDTV antenna for FREE local channels. For those that like wordy articles/posts, google search “HDTV antenna” to find the 1000’s of lengthy regurgitated articles on the subject.
STEP 1: FIND local channels available in your area with free online reception map locators.
- SIMPLE & WORKS. NO ADS. NO POPUPS . NOTHING TO BUY. Taxpayer dollar supported (fcc.gov).
- Enter zipcode. Your looking for anything green which is indicating a strong signal. If so, move on to STEP 2.
STEP 2: Buy or build a HDTV antenna.
- 100’s of antennas all with pros & cons. One can find basic designs to something out of StarWars.
- Or, build-your-own. More for fun than for saving $$$.
Still have the old rabbit ear antenna in a closet. It may work for locations having strong TV signals.
STEP 3: Install, position and run a channel scan.
- Ideally you will get ALL the green channels and even pull in some of the weaker ones.
- 5 TIPS for getting best signal (source: consumerreports.org)