Watch FREE on Roku without the worry of being charged
We get a number of questions/concerns about streaming FREE on Roku.
Will I get charged installing the AMC channel on Roku?
How can I be sure the content is FREE to watch?
Unfortunately, with a payment method set it can be EASY to get into a purchase and/or subscription transaction. I’ve done it and thankfully the pin required for purchase saved me.
- Create account with no-cc method (verified link still working: 8.14.19)
- Remove credit card from your account
- If you use Paypal method. Login into your Paypal account and unauthorize Roku.
- "You've authorized use of your PayPal account for future payments to Roku, Inc."
- Cancel this!
Set a purchase pin
Purchases made from channels that bill you directly (e.g., VUDU, Prime Video) are not protected by your Roku account PIN.
Removing the payment method
- Go to my.roku.com on your computer or smartphone.
- If prompted, sign in to your Roku account.
- Click or tap the Update button under Payment method.
- Click or tap Remove payment method at the bottom of the page, and confirm.