Watch FREE TV without the cable bill
Don’t over-think/over-spend on latest HDTV antenna tech. FREE over-the-air tv has always been around. Nothing new. The same old rabbit-ears WILL WORK.
1-2-3 CHECKLIST to FREE OTA TV
- Are there over-the-air stations near me ?
- Check Reception Maps for stations in your area
- 50mi. from tower is key for the novice/indoor/DIY antenna user
- If channels in your area, a cheap flat unamplified indoor antenna may work. Even $0 DIY build your own antenna may work.
- Hook to TV.
- Scan for channels.
- You may get some or all the channels “advertised” in your area. 👍
- If you get all the channels without pixelation. That’s it! Enjoy FREE TV. No need to spend more.
- A few channels missing, pixelated? RESEARCH before buying.
- Check out Over-the-Air HDTV reddits, wikis, groups. Beware of affiliate sites.
- A simple position change may work before upgrading your antenna to bigger or amplified.
For towers are >50miles from your house, DO YOUR RESEARCH. [Guides,Wikis, Link]
Outdoor or professional installation may be needed.
Look around for any FREE antennas around the house before spending/wasting money.
Should at least get several channels to “test” if you like local TV.